Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My First Patchwork mani

Hi guys

A few weeks ago I saw a patchwork mani on MUA. I really liked the idea and wanted to try it out. I had no idea to begin, so I looked for a tutorial. I found the tutorial made by Chloe. It didn’t seem hard at all and I wondered if I would get the same result as here!

I used Color Club – Uptown Girl, Sally Hansen – Thinking of Blue and Essie – Going Incognito. I’m not happy with the color choices I made, but it was to try out the tutorial. I’m definitely going to try out other combinations in the future!

Patchworkmani1_wm

For a first time, it turned out pretty good I think. I wish my lines would be more straight but I think thats because I didn’t use good tape. Two big tips (that I got from the tutorial): stick the tape to the palm of your hand to remove some of the stickiness and use a coat of SV after every layer!

Anyone of you tried out a patchwork mani? I really love it and am going to experiment with it a lot more in the future!

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day,

Christina