Saturday, November 6, 2010

Black & white hearts

Hi guys! When I went on vacation to Ethiopia a few months ago, I found some nailart stripers. I found three colors: yellow, black and white. I still hadn’t tried these out, so I decided to try something simple with them. This is the result:

Striper hartjes black en white_wm

I used Models Own – Moody Grey as a base, added diagonal lines with the black & white stripers and finished of with a heart in the two colors. I’m not that handy when it comes to making lines with a free hand, but because of the stripers it went pretty well. Obviously I’m still not a pro, but maybe after some practice it will get better.

Stripers_wm

I really like the stripers because they provide two ways to use them. First of all, there’s a sharp metal point where the polish comes out. This is what I used for making the stripes and the hearts. But there is also a thin brush to use for more fluid lines. I haven’t used that yet, but I’ll surely will soon! The stripers contain 12ml of polish. I’ve done a little searching on ebay and found some shops who sell these stripers in packs of 12 (or more) with different colors. I’m considering of getting some, cause I’d really like to improve my nail art and these might do the trick!

Thanks for stopping by,

Christina